Is CBD perfect for health? Is Hemp the cure as research and proven studies say? The debate is endless, and plenty of time for studies and research to continue.
We have a hefty price to pay due to a lack of awareness and knowledge. But what exactly do we need to know about the same?
Know the difference
Before getting into any further details, we must know the components and what effect they tend to have.
One factor that frequently perplexes people is whether the CBD in the products is derived from hemp or cannabis. The short answer is that they are derived from various strains of the same Cannabis Sativa plant.
Cannabidiol, or CBD, and delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, are two of many different cannabinoids present in the cannabis plant.
Some people confuse hemp with the cannabis plants that are used to make the drugs hashish and marijuana. Hemp is a robust, fragrant, upright annual herb.
Hemp continues to gain popularity owing to its benefits i.e. hemp seeds include vitamins, minerals, and other substances that may have important health advantages.
It functions as an antioxidant, assisting in the reduction of free radicals that can harm an individual’s body cells.
The reason people also consider hemp seeds a Superfood is only because of their rich nutritional profile.
The wide range of benefits include:
- Protecting the brain: Studies suggest that, because of these potential properties, CBD may help with neurological conditions, including Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis, neuropathic pain, and childhood seizure disorders.
- Boosts heart health: The medical community claims that omega-3 fatty acids optimise heart health and lower the risk of problems like arrhythmias and heart disease.
- Chronic inflammation: Can cause atopic dermatitis (AD) and acne. Hemp seeds contain anti-inflammatory compounds that may be beneficial.
To note: Hemp seeds will not produce a mind-altering effect.
CBD is now officially known everywhere, and people in India are beginning to recognise its value and benefits. What was once a specialised alternative medical procedure is now coming into the limelight worldwide.
People nowadays use CBD for almost everything. Someone is probably using CBD or other cannabis medicines to treat almost any illness.
According to Forbes, CBD has grown into a significant market that is only expected to grow further. People nowadays are using CBD for almost everything! Be it health and wellness or edibles or even skincare. Someone somewhere is probably using CBD or other cannabis medicines to treat almost any illness.
The wide range of benefits include:
- Relieve Uncontrollable Pain
- Treat Select Epilepsy Syndrome
- Help with Anxiety & Depression
- Reduce PTSD Symptoms
- Alleviate ALS Symptoms
Cannabis and hemp are two different species of C. Hemp from the Sativa plant contains more CBD and less THC. By more CBD and less THC, meaning the non-psychoactive component is more and the component causing the high factor is less. (i.e. 0.3% or below)
Marijuana is hemp’s intoxicating cousin. Since marijuana and hemp are members of the same species, they are legally and chemically distinct in important ways, i.e their chemical composition.
When consumed, the high levels of THC found in marijuana plants cause intoxication, which is for obvious reasons considered illegal, at least in India. (contains THC more than 0.3%). However, some states have allowed the consumption of marijuana.
The main difference between hemp CBD and cannabis CBD is legal standing.
As we already are aware, people in India are beginning to realise the importance of the wonder plant hemp. This is leading to the introduction of hemp in every way possible. From Food and beverages to health and wellness.
Hemp is increasingly being used to treat pain, anxiety, and depression. According to new data, prescription drug use and abuse may be decreasing in states where medical cannabis is legal.
Medical Cannabis (Hemp) has long been considered a recreational drug in the Western world.
Our Indian government has been extremely clear and supportive of the laws governing the development of medical cannabis-related drugs (Hemp). The NDPs act contains numerous sections that allow hemp for industrial, medical, and scientific use. Nonetheless, there is considerable debate in the scientific community about the same.
Hemp – CBD: Research Conclusion
CBD has been studied for its pain-relieving properties, some of which are:
- CBD’s ability to calm is perhaps its most well-known effect, and the reason it is so widely used.
- In a small 2018 study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 11 people with PTSD received CBD along with routine psychiatric care for eight weeks in an outpatient psychiatric clinic. Ten of the eleven participants reported a reduction in their PTSD symptoms.
- Both preclinical animal and human clinical trials indicate that CBD could be used to treat opioid addiction.
- CBD has been shown in human cell studies to help reduce the effects of high glucose levels on other cells in the body, which usually precedes the development of diabetes and its complications.
- CBD has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, according to preclinical and clinical research.
While CBD research into the effects on specific conditions continues, there is still much to learn about the potential uses of CBD. Well, knowledge and research in any amount are less.
We at CBDAY.IN wish to stay true to the goal of using CBD to promote a healthy body and mind.
Our vision is to pave way for a line of CBD wellness and health products in India and enable people to experience the therapeutic benefits of the hemp plant which is no less than an elixir.